Senior Professional In Human Resource - International
Senior Professional in Human Resource - international (SPHRi) - credential demonstrates mastery of generally accepted HR principles in strategy and policy development
as well as service delivery. The credential is developed to validate core HR knowledge and skills and demonstrated mastery of generally accepted principles, independent of geographic region, from professionals practicing human resources outside of the United States. Through demonstrated knowledge, the credentials enhance the credibility of HR professionals and the organizations they serve.
About HRCI - SPHRi Certification
The SPHRi exams are designed for HR professionals who practice outside the United States. Therefore, these exams are not offered within the United States.
Since 1976, the HR Certification Institute has been the global leader in professionalcredentialing for the HR profession. Today, more than 145,000 HR professionals in 100 countries proudly maintain the HR Certification Institute’s credentials as a mark of high professional distinction.
A candidate must meet one of the following exam eligibility requirements to sit for the SPHRi exam:
• A minimum of four (4) years of professional-level experience in an HR position with a Master’s degree or global equivalent
• A minimum of five (5) years of professional-level experience in an HR position with a Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent
• A minimum of seven (7) years of professional-level experience in an HR position with less than a Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent.
By the end of the program you will:
• Understand how HR is, and could, support and enhance the business imperatives of your organization
• Understand how to integrate your functional HR strategy into that of your organization
• Understand your own effectiveness and have had the opportunity to develop your own skills and behaviors in key areas with expert and independent coaching
• Enhance your ability to influence and challenge business decisions
• Improve personal effectiveness by developing your coaching techniques
The organization will gain an HR professional who:
• Can contribute more effectively to the overall business agenda
• Can develop an HR agenda that will support business goals
• Is personally more effective in contributing to business decision-making and supporting the senior team
PHRi, CHRMA, SHRM-CP, CPM&T, FAAPM, MIoD-K, MIHRM-K
Lucy Gacheru is a seasoned Human Capital Management / Leadership and Mediation Professional with over 13 years progressive experience in Africa- Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, DRC, Ethiopia, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Southern Africa-(Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Mozambique and Swaziland) and Uganda.
Further to being a Fellow at the American Academy of Project Management, Lucy holds a MSc. degree in Organizational Development, a BSc. in Human Resource Management and a National Diploma in Human Resource Management.
Lucy has Global professional certifications such as Professional of Human Resources International (PHRi- Hrci International, USA), SHRM-CP (Society of Human Resources Management- Certified Professional- SHRM, USA), International Professional Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CPM&T, MTI International, USA), HR Metrics and Analytics (CHRMA- AAPM) and Board Competency (FKE/Norway)
Lucy is a full member of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya, Institute of Directors, Kenya and the American Academy of Project Management, US.
Lucy has a keen eye for Leadership, Business strategies and how they interconnect with all functions of Human Resources to the success of an entity and people.
Accra is the capital of Ghana, on the Atlantic coast of West Africa. Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park honors Ghana’s first president, who helped lead the country to independence. The park contains Nkrumah’s mausoleum and a museum charting his life. Makola Market is the city’s vast, colorful bazaar. Popular seafront spots Labadi Beach and Kokrobite Beach offer golden sand and high-energy nightlife.