Key duties and responsibilities:
• Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
• Analyzing data collected and recording results.
• Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
• Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports.